Thursday, September 10, 2009

June Cleaver Never Seemed This Busy

This weekend is my last weekend at Kohl's. Sad face. I will miss my "not-for profit" job. Oh they paid me, but never more than what I spent. Kohl's was my way of being pro-active about my spend-ohol. As long as I was funding my addiction then it wasn't so bad. So like a big girl I did my time for my discount for as long as I could. And it wasn't so bad. Really I was paid for playing with make-up all day in the Beauty department and on occasion folding clothes and straightening up and let's face it, that's exactly what I do at home so you could call me a professional. I will miss the people I worked with but as some said, with the way I shop they won't be seeing me much less than normal. :)

Anyways, why quit? Too much going on! Between being pregnant, raising two little ones, having the house on the market which necessitates constant cleaning and organizing to a whole new level, and Neil in the Masters Program meaning he is gone 2 nights a week and he has to study days he is home, plus work, all on a limited amount of caffeine and sleep...yeah suddenly being a stay-at-home mom doesn't seem so..."coffee, soap operas, and bon bons." So something had to give and the only logical (and possible) choice was my little part-time job. The only place I wasn't referred to as Momma, Mo-om!, Mommy, Landen's Mom, oh and for the first time ever today, Mrs. Alcorn. I was Melissa and I had a bit of a place where I could be just Melissa. Yes she still exists and in case you're wondering...she's still witty, sarcastic, and almost always in a good mood. Toot toot. So it's kind of a sad day but at the same time I started dreading having to go into work since I had a million other things to do so I know it's for the best.

I'm looking forward to having just a bit more time for all the things I need time for. Fall is my favorite season. Pretty leaves, crisp air, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. Plus this fall I get the honor of becoming a Godmother to two very special little ones. Neil and I will be the Godparents to our great friends Amy and Mike's soon-to-be daughter (get out of that belly already Addyson!) on Oct. 18th, and then I will become Godmother to my sister's sweet baby boy, Ryan, on October 25th. So it will be another busy month for us!

So...so long part-time job at Kohl's. I'll be seeing you during your next big sale. :)

Now, where's my pearls? Time to get back into June Cleaver mode...full time.

"You know, you know my name..." The Beatles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well don't forget come Nov. you'll have another very part time job of babysitting your sweet soon to be goddaughter haha...

love you
Amy

molly said...

awe, bittersweet i'm sure. you'll just have to find some other ways to enjoy some YOU time!

and if you find those ways - please let me know! ;)