Friday, September 18, 2009

Teething

It is no fun. Not only for Lana who has been working really hard on getting her eye (canine) teeth, but for Landen and myself who have to try to console her when she is in pain. And let me tell you, Lana is not shy about expressing just how much it hurts. I feel just awful for her and the poor thing is completely disagreeable when her gums hurt. She refuses Tylenol, being held, being put down, getting Orajel, her baby, her blanket, you name it. She just wants to cry. Very sad. Her little gums have been swollen for about a week but I think by the end of this weekend those little teeth will poke through since we can now see the top of them. She cried for over an hour after nap time yesterday until I gave her a popsicle that helped for a little bit.
So sad even Mommy's chapstick didn't help...

Okay I'll try this popsicle...

That's a little better...

Come on teeth! Poke through and give me my happy baby back!

"Until then I'll cry instead..." The Beatles

No comments: