Every day our children say something that make Neil and I both laugh out loud and I thought I'd share a few of them...
*Lana likes to check out the restroom whenever we go somewhere and always announces that she is using the "girl potty." Last week while in a restaurant's bathroom I decided to quiz her on who is a girl and who is a boy. The conversation went like this...
Lana: Nana girl in girl potty!
Me: That's right you are a girl! What about Landen?
Lana: Nanden a boy!
Me: That's right! What about Daddy?
Lana: Dada boy!
Me: That's right! What about Mama?
Lana: Mama boy!
Me: No... Mama's not a boy! What's Mama?
Lana: (With some hesitation in her voice) Mama's...pretty.
Me: (laughing) Yeah, I'll take that answer but I was looking for Mama's a Girl!
*Last week I was helping Landen buckle his seat belt in the mini-van which left my bum rather close to Lana who was being buckled in by Neil. Lana found my tush-placement rather funny...
Lana: (With a giggle) Mama...BUTT!
Me: Don't make fun of my tush, Lana, because one day yours will look just like it.
Lana: (With complete seriousness and a bit of distress) Big?!
This was followed by all kinds of laughter and jokes from Neil and Landen. Thanks, guys!
*Lana has renamed the Disney movie "Cinderella" to "Blue Butt, Pink Butt." I'll let you figure out to whom she is referring.
*Landen and his preschool class had a field trip to a grocery store shortly after I had Leya. I did not go with the kids on the field trip but my friend did (her son is Landen's best friend). That day I received this email that is too funny not to share:
I was listening to a conversation between Landen and Trevor about how Landen helps out with Leya. He told Trevor that if she cries she just needs a hug and a kiss. Trevor asked him if he helps give her a bottle. Landen then says, with a big smile on his face, "No, Leya gets her milk from my mommy's BOOBIES!!!!" It was so funny. Trevor didn't quite understand. He said something about bottles and so Landen went on to explain more. "No, my mommies BOOBIES are LIKE the bottles!" Again with a huge smile and they both started laughing a whole lot. Trevor said something about how you put the milk in there. So, Landen said, "No, the boobies MAKE the milk!" It was hilarious!! :) There's nothing better than 4 year old conversation and humor!! I think Landen gets an A in Anatomy for the day!!!
*There is an Asian restaurant here in town where the chefs cook the food right in front of you. It is delicious and the kids love the little show they do so it has become a family fave. The chefs have very heavy accents and while they cook they try to describe a bit of what they are doing. One refers to the sauce added to the meal as "Yummy Yummy Sauce." Anyway, the other night Neil made dinner for us...
Me: Neil this is really good. What did you put in it to give it the spice?
Landen: Mom...it's just got yummy yummy sauce!
*My mom came to stay with us for a week to help out after I had Leya and she got to take part in the shenanigans of having 3 little ones. One day when we ran errands she had the job of getting the kids in the van and a couple of times she accidentally bumped Lana's head while getting her into her seat. Lana came to expect it and would tell her "No owie, Mima" as a preemptive move to not getting hurt and it was hilarious. When my dad came for my mom at the end of the week my mother was telling him about it and Lana added in another story for us that went like this..."Mima owie head on wall...over there...upstairs...wall...owie Nana." It appeared that my mom accidentally bumped her head on the wall while carrying her upstairs. Little stinker told on her and it was once again hilarious.
*I think we need to work on letters more...
Neil: Lana, what letter does Elephant start with?
Lana: B-a-a-a!
Neil: No, elephant starts with an E silly! What letter does Frog start with?
Lana: Batman!
We get moments like this often so I'll try to keep them coming for everyone to enjoy!
"I've got something I can laugh about..." The Beatles
No comments:
Post a Comment