Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Leya...One Month Old!

Could it be true? Has it already been one whole month since beautiful Leya joined the world? It is and it has!

Sweet Littlest Love Leya! You are one month old today! In just 4 short weeks you have changed so much. You have gone from a wrinkly, teeny-tiny, sleepy, yellowish, bundle to a bright-eyed, pink, plump, baby. Your little legs and cheeks are filling out beautifully; no wonder since you are a great eater! You drink your milk in gulps and then let out a big burp that puts grown men to shame. You are also the only one of my babes that have gladly taken a bottle when offered one. Your eyes are still a pretty shade of gray...just like Lana's were for months and months. To your daddy's delight they are *thinking* about being blue. You are gorgeous! Sometimes you look just like Landen and other times, especially in photos you look exactly like Lana when she was your age. You are definitely a combo of your mommy and daddy. You have kept your full head of hair that is beginning to lighten around your ears from the the dark color you were born with. You have dimples in both cheeks but we see your right dimple much more often. You still haven't exactly figured out that night time is for sleeping. Half the time you get it right and will wake up every 2 hours to nurse and cuddle for 30 minutes or so, then go right back down. But the other half you like to wake up as we are getting ready for bed and hang out till well past 1 am before calling it a night. Those nights are a bit hard on mommy but I remind myself how I will miss cuddling you at night soon enough. You have a really strong little neck and since the day we brought you home you've been trying to look around at everything. You furrow your little eyebrows a lot...you are really trying hard to figure out what this life is all about and who all these people are. You are curious, calm, and serious. I wonder if you will end up just as silly as Landen and Lana. Speaking of Landen and Lana, they are absolutely head over heels in love with you. And you let them hug and kiss you all day long. It is so sweet to see. You are a mommy's girl. I love it. When I hold you over my shoulder you wrap your tiny arms around my neck and it looks like you are hugging me. You fall asleep like this a lot. The other day daddy said you tried to jump out of his arms when I walked past. I cherish this time when I am your one and only because I know too soon it will not be this way. You love to be held. If you are awake you often demand it. You also prefer to sleep on your side and have every night since day one. If you are hungry to will root in every direction possible hoping for mommy. You have successfully latched onto your sister's cheek, my cheek, daddy's arm, and Landen's shirt. You pucker your lips while you sleep and I tell Landen you are blowing him kisses in your dreams. He loves that. One month old! We all love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives. Happy One Month Birthday, Leya-bug!







"Baby, it's you." The Beatles

1 comment:

molly said...

seriously?! one month!? happy one month little leya!

love LOVE love the post below! you guys are very blessed!