Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Sweet Loves

In honor of February, the month of love, I just wanted to "jot" down some random stuff about the kids and what they are like right now. Things that I want to remember forever, but will probably be pushed out of my brain by so many other memories. Here we go...

At almost 4 1/2 Landen is in his "look at me" stage. All day long he pretend plays with his toys, whether it be his cars, action figures, Bakugen balls, or little sister. In between it all we hear "watch this," "look at this," "watch me do this," "check this out," you get the idea. He is very competitive; always wanting to race and win, draw a better picture, build a higher tower, run faster, jump higher, etc.. In other words, be the best at everything! And he isn't so happy when he isn't. He is incredibly "wordy." Lots of conversations, questions of curiousity, story telling, ideas, and such. He is my little boy, that is almost a big kid, and it breaks my heart to think of letting him fully make this transition. He has crushes on two little girls, one in his class, one in our play group, and it is too cute to hear him talk about them. He has chosen a best friend and I am happy to say I couldn't have chosen better for him myself. He is a very good judge of character (gets this from his mama). Landen is incredibly thoughtful, considerate, and oh so affectionate. He is very protective of his baby sister, though at times he does get under her skin. Though not always willing, he does sit and have tea parties with her and has even helped her paint her toe nails a time or two. I'm not worried about him having to adjust to the new baby at all. Landen is looking forward to the new baby and I'm sure will be a great big brother to him/her as well. Landen is stretching like crazy and clothes that fit him just a couple weeks ago are now short on him. He is becoming more and more independent and loves helping in every way possible. He is very smart and catches on to things quickly. He is very aware of everything said/happening around him (time to start watching what I say when he is in earshot). LOVE LOVE LOVE my first born...to the moon.



Lana is a typical two year old. Smiley, then moody, then silly, then dramatic, then playful, then demanding, then super sweet, and always, always, a girly girl. Ask her what she wants to do and she'll tell you go to the mall, most likely for a dog-dog shirt. If not, then how about a tea party? Or maybe play dolls. Then paint our nails. But not before putting a bow in her hair and a hat on. And where are her high heel dress up shoes? GIRLY-GIRL (gets this from my mama)! Too cute is what it is! She is saying new words every day and putting together her first sentences...finally! She is fully potty trained during the day; so well that she has proclaimed herself an expert and is potty training her stuffed animals- yes, seriously. She wakes up dry about half the time and is quite upset when she is wet in the morning, so I'm sure she will get that soon too. She loves to sing and read books. She has quite a few Dr. Seuss books memorized already and "reads" along with us. She knows her colors and loves to try to count. She is the queen of fighting her naps and thinks she doesn't need them anymore (I think differently). She loves playing with Landen and they spend a good part of every day playing and running around the house together. Does Lana favor me, or Neil, or Landen? Answer--She has a preference for each one of us at some point, no rhyme or reason, at random times everyday. She gives these great big tight hugs and smooches where she will grab your face and smoosh hers into yours and it's awesome. Makes you think all other regular kisses are poop next to hers. But she only doles them out when she feels like it. Her adjustment to a new baby will be...interesting to see, but I think she'll do fine, so long as the baby understands that she is the boss. LOVE LOVE LOVE my pink princess!



Inside Baby is at 35 wks 3 days now. Sleep is almost non-existent for me since the baby moves so much at night, and I'm ginormous, but I have to say I am just as active now as I was before I got pregnant. Probably more active than most people I know really. I had an OB appointment this morning and found out that I am already dilated and baby's head is super-duper low. My doctor is positive I will not make it to my March due date, or March for that matter, and oh yeah, around Valentine's Day appears to be his estimate on when baby will join the world outside of my belly! I admit it...I'm a bit anxious now. I thought I had another month to reorganize everything a few more times but guess not. But baby is very healthy, very happy according to heart rate and how much movement he/she is doing, and a great size. So ready or not here comes baby. LOVE LOVE LOVE you too littlest one! Let's make your entrance into the world smooth, short, and pain-free for me, okay?

It's true that all you need is love, and I get a lot of it all day long (though from the littlest in the form of a little foot extended into my ribs). How much love? Well ask Lana and she'll tell you "That much" with her arms stretched out to the sides. I'll take it!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make..." The Beatles

No comments: