Landen's school gave us a CD with pictures from throughout the year and so here's a look at his first year of preschool fun!
The first day of school...look how little he looks!


And the very last day of school...
So many thanks to his teachers for a wonderful year!
And for those wondering and asking (sometimes asking multiple times), I give you the Q&A segment of this blog post...
Q: So will Landen be in kindergarten next year?
A: Nope. He will be in the 4's preschool class at the same school he is in now. He's 4. Only 4 and will not be 5 until Sept. 2nd meaning he misses the cut-off date by one day.
Q: Well are you going to try to push him through?
A: Nope. The cut-off date is set in place for a reason and I don't see any benefit in pushing him through.
Q: Doesn't it put him ahead of his peers?
A: Nope. It gives him a new set of peers all of whom will be older than him, and who will be ready to do things down the road that Landen will not be ready to do for another year really. Plus it puts him in school all day sooner, dating sooner, off to college sooner, etc., and I'm in not in a rush for him to grow up.
Q: But isn't his birthday SO close?
A: Yes. But still after the cut-off date. Think about it, don't you wish you could have another year of worry-free, stress-free, responsibility-free, work-free fun? I'm not taking that from Landen. More power to people who do choose to push their kids through but I'll keep my last year of time with Landen to snuggle, play, and be together for the majority of the day, and I'll treasure it. :)
"I'm just a child of nature; I don't need much to set me free." The Beatles
1 comment:
awe! how sweet are all those pictures?! what a wonderful gift from the teachers!
and what a wonderful gift to landen to have a momma like you! loved your q&a! wish more parents were that thoughtful and secure when faced with that decision. ;)
Post a Comment