Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tea for Two

While the boys were out last night at a hockey game, Lana and I had a chance for some one-on-one girlie bonding time. Lana is at this fantastic age of little girl with a bit of baby mixed in and it makes her so fun! While the boys were gone we painted each others nails with this great little girl glittery polish (comes off in the tub!), played with her baby dolls, had a tea party (crowns, jewels, and all), had bath time with some barbies, and watched some Elmo while sharing snacks. Perfect night with my second born.

I was incredibly amused by our very first tea party. You just have to see her to appreciate what a perfect little hostess she was and how much of a natural she was with the whole Tea Party deal...

Tea Party with Lana from Melissa Alcorn on Vimeo.


The jewels and crown were her idea. She even adorned me with them! Lana is definitely a fan of the tea party. It lasted for about a half hour and I think I had about 100 cups of pretend tea in that time (see how fast she was pouring!). I've been looking forward to this type of mommy/daughter time since the day I found out I was pregnant with her. And I couldn't have wished for a more perfect daughter. Lana is the girliest of girls and I love her for it!

"Suddenly someone's there at the turnstyle, the girl with the kaleidoscope eyes..." The Beatles

No comments: