Yesterday was Landen's 3rd birthday...I can't believe my baby boy is 3! I'm so grateful for him and I made sure to thank him yesterday for the best 3 years of my life. I'm so very blessed to have him as a son. We had a little party with Neil's side of the family (plus my momma and sister) for him on Sunday and it wore everyone out. I know Landen had a great time.
Yesterday Neil took off of work and we filled the day doing anything and everything Landen wanted, which included playing outside, going to the park, mini-golfing, bowling, and a trip to the doctor for stitches....okay maybe that wasn't supposed to be on the agenda, but nonetheless I found myself crying with my son as he got stitches. He fell at the bowling alley and split open his little baby chin. My poor little guy was so brave too. He only cried when it happened for a couple minutes and when they were giving him shots to numb his chin (I cried at this point too). The doctor and nurse were both very impressed at how good he was. He even fell asleep while they worked on him! He needed 6 stitches. He is doing good now. He is complaining more about having to wear a bandaid, which he has always hated, than from pain. We even made it to Chuck-e-Cheese with him and he had a great time so I think we will have a full recovery.
Happy Birthday my sweet Landen! Let's wish for less ouchies in the year to come!
My sister, Mando, and my kids...
My dad and Lana....Quite possibly my favorite picture ever...
Landen getting ready to make a wish...
Our friends Amy and Mike helped us fill up Landen's room with about 225 balloons while he slept the night before his birthday. This is how happy it made him when he woke up next morning!
Landen is 3!
A band-aid on his battle wound...
"They say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time. I'm glad it's your birthday. Happy birthday to you!" The Beatles
No comments:
Post a Comment