Lana, You are STILL the girliest of girls, requesting make-up and pink clothes and specific shoes to fit your mood. You are silly. Very silly, always saying something that makes Neil and I look and ask, "Did you catch that one?" and then laugh. You still fall to pieces easily when something does not go your way. It takes a time-out for you to regain your composure and then you are back to normal as if nothing happened. You are in time-out almost daily. You test your limits, you ignore us when we ask you to do something (or stop doing something) and then if we ask again you break down into tears. Despite your "spirited" ways, you are the sweetest of girls. You share everything that is yours with everyone, especially your brother and sister. You are incredibly affectionate, but only when you want to be. You hug and kiss us and tell us, "I love wu sooo much!" We joke that this "Wu" guy is your favorite. You love helping, but only when you feel like it. If it is asked of you and you are busy playing with something you ignore us or respond, "Why not wu do it?" Your vocabulary has exploded but your voice is still that of a young toddler. It is really too cute. You are a little song bird and I love hearing you sing. You love to color and paint and bring us your creations and say "I made this for wu." Your Mima is your favorite person ever. If we ask you anything like who taught you that, where did you get your light hair from, who bought that for you, etc., the answer is always Mima. You still have the same best friend that you have had for a while and you ask to play with her all the time. Slowly you are actually beginning to play with her rather than along side her. You are so excited about preschool but constantly need reassurance that your best friend will be there too. If your daddy or I leave to run an errand we come home and you immediately tell us "I missed wu" and hug us like you mean it. I love those hugs. When you are angry you throw things and slump to the floor in a heap. It is awful. These moments come less and less and we are thankful. You wiggle (what we would call dancing) to music. Best moves ever. You are tiny. Just over 21 pounds. Getting you to eat is the hardest parts of my day. If we let you you would exist on strawberry milk, fruit, french fries with ranch, popsicles, cookies, and spicy chips. Occasionally you might request your favorite meat (arrachera). You are sooo beautiful. Truly. I could stare at your face for hours. You still solicit the compliments of strangers wherever I take you. I love you to pieces and all the way up to the moon and back. I can't wait to see what new things being 3 will bring you!
"For other girls were never quite like this." The Beatles
1 comment:
happy belated lana!!
Post a Comment