Monday, July 19, 2010

Leya is 5 Months (and a few days) Old!

As of this past Friday, our sweet baby love, Leya is 5 months old!

This past month she has really gotten a hang of using her little hands. She reaches for all kinds of things...her toys, her siblings, her receiving blankets, our faces...and if she can, crams the things she grabs into her mouth.

I think she is teething since she drools a ton, is almost always gnawing on her toys or hands, her gums are a little swollen, and she is waking up much more often at night. She has gone from once or twice a night to every 2 hours again. *I'm so tired.* I'm hoping this phases passes soon.

She is a happy happy baby. She doesn't get crabby or cranky. Ever. She just gets a bit more clingy. I don't mind. And she is definitely a mommy's girl. She whines for me when I am near and not holding her. She begins to kick her legs anxiously and is starting to reach her arms out for me. She will never know just how much these actions warm my heart. I love how connected we are. I love how my body knows she is hungry or needing me, even if we are apart (which is for never more than an hour).

Oh and don't be fooled...she thinks this sippy cup is a teething toy.

On the subject of eating, per her pediatrician's suggestion, we tried solids this past month. A few days after she turned 4 months we tried rice cereal with breast milk and she ate like a champ. Same story the following few tries at solids.
First spoonful...




Then she had that scary wheezing episode and suddenly the rice cereal made her gag. Oatmeal made her gag too. We tried every few days or so and still no change. Fast forward to this weekend, we decided to try sweet potatoes. Who doesn't love sweet potatoes, right? Well Leya doesn't.
Willing to try...

I don't think she likes it...

We are now not going to push any solids until she is closer to 6 months, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. She just isn't ready yet and I'm okay with that.

She squeals when she is really really happy and excited. It is super cute. Her little eyes light up and she coos and smiles. She is trying so hard to "talk" but presses her lips together so no sound comes out. So funny. She also has mastered rolling over from her back to her belly but still has a hard time remembering how to roll to her back again.

She is a wiggle worm...always kicking her legs. She loves to bear weight on her legs and thus loves to play in her exersaucer.

Time for her official 5 months old with turtle picture...



And some others from this month simply because she is so stinkin cute!





We love you so much Baby Love! Happy 5 month birthday!

"You know I love you..." The Beatles

No comments: