I actually called Neil today and asked him to trade places with me for today...I'll go to work and he can stay home. But he had to switch at that exact second (mind you I was still wiping my leg down with baby wipes to get the throw up smell off).
But then I thought that this week we also did some fun shopping, went to the park on a beautiful afternoon, I watched the kids finger paint pictures for their dad in the yard, I pushed my baby girl on the big girl swings and heard her belly laugh, I pushed Landen on the big boy swings higher than he's ever gone before (while I constantly reminded him to hang on tight) and then watched him make new friends, I bought 200 childrens' books from a teacher for $50 and have been reading a ton to my two little ones who can't get enough story time, I played hide and seek with the kids, I picked mulberries from our yard and watched my children happily eat them until their faces were purple and messy, I've gotten tons of real kisses from Landen AND Lana (yay for no more big open mouth messy smooches from our tiny tot), and I've laughed until my sides hurt. And it's only Wednesday!
Go on...be jealous. These children are mine and I get to spend all day with them! Sometimes it gets messy around here but it's worth it all of the time!
"I love you madly. You really got a hold on me." The Beatles
2 comments:
You should try to get a weekly column for the newspaper haha...this was adorable!!!
Amy
i hear ya sista. with the good comes the not so good. with the bad comes the very very VERY good!
Post a Comment