Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pretty Cheesy Baby

Almost 17 months later and the child still doesn't talk very much, at all really. But she is completely able to have conversations with us through sounds, hand gestures, facial expressions, and pointing. Here's a mini convo my sweet Lana and I had outside yesterday during her first encounter with our Sand & Water table. I cut out most of my first question to her but it was just me asking if she was having fun...

Lana is such a little toddler these days! Here's a few fun facts about our daughter:
*She is ALL GIRL- likes to have her hair done, have her toes "pedicured," have pretty shoes on, likes to sing and dance, sleeps with lots of stuffed animals, gives her babies a bottle, and likes to pretend to put on mommy's make-up.
*Her BFF is a stuffed bunny that has come to be known as "Pink Bunny." She carries it around EVERYWHERE with her. After almost losing it once and dealing with meltdowns for it, I ran out and bought a replacement so she doesn't know it, but now 2 Pink Bunnies exist in this house, one "just-in-case."
*She has a scream reserved just for when her big bro is bothering her. It's very distinct. I'm one of those moms that can call out "Landen, leave Lana alone" from the other room without having actually seen him bothering her because of that yell.
*Lana is the messiest baby I know. I can't keep her clean for a second, or leave her alone in a clean room for more than a minute without walking back in to toys scattered everywhere. I swear I spend most of my day picking up after her. The only contradiction here is she hates for her hands to be dirty.
*Lana is so pretty she can melt the hearts of the grumpiest of people. I'll never forget the time we were in the self check-out lane at Lowes and the line monitor was this big mean looking man. I was holding Lana who all of a sudden starting giggling and when I looked to see why I saw "Mr. Big-Mean-Looking-Man" playing peek-a-boo with Lana from 15 feet away. He actually then came over to me to coo at her! Funniest thing ever.
*If any part of your belly is showing, be prepared for Lana to give it raspberries.
*She is very very sweet. Quick to hug and kiss when the opportunity arises.

Hope everyone enjoyed this little window into my world with my baby girl! I have to now go pick up the contents of my diaper bag which she so kindly spread around the living room for me.

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story all about the girl who came to stay?" The Beatles

2 comments:

Melrae743 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melrae743 said...

P.S. Lana's nickname is destructo-bot.

-Neil