Cute face to make you forgive me about the dishes...
Anyways...so much has been going on. Landen finished basketball and is anxiously awaiting for baseball to start next month. I am too actually. Since basketball, he is a totally different person around other children. Where as before he would cling to me and be too shy to interact with the other children, he now goes off on his own and makes friends. He calls them by "hey kid," but it is a start and we are working on how he can introduce himself as I'm certain the other kid doesn't enjoy being called that way.
Landen is also officially signed up for preschool. He starts in the fall. It seriously took me three days to fill out the application (which was a bit more lengthy than I expected for preschool) because I would almost cry every time in disbelief that my son was so grown up already. I can still remember rocking him when he was a baby....(insert big mommy sigh and reminicing look here). But I'm really excited for him. Also, one of his friends from our play group is in the same class, so I think he will be happy having a familiar face to be around.
Lastly, there are no more cribs in my nursery...oh I mean kids' room. On the advice from one of the Java Mamas we have done an early transition to a toddler bed...a really cute pink princess toddler bed for my really cute, almost always in pink, princess Lana (pictures coming soon). She love love loves it and has made the switch with no problems at all. When did Lana get so grown up? I know I didn't authorize it, but nonetheless here we are. I think I'm okay with it....actually I'll get back to you.
In the meantime a game of peek-a-boo...
Lana still has no desire to talk. Which is okay with me...as I'm sure many have heard me say "The sooner they talk, the sooner they talk back." So not much talking other than Dada, but she is throwing away her diapers after we change her, picking up her own toys and putting them away, climbing on everything, getting into my make-up bag and with surprisingly good aim applying lipstick (perfectly good lipstick ruined in two minutes by the way).
So pretty...
All in all...time really has been getting away from me lately and I'm busy trying to cherish each little moment I have with my boo-boos.
"Hold me. Love me. Hold me. Love me. Ain't got nothin' but love babe eight days a week." The Beatles
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!! THIS TOTALLY MADE MY DAY!!!
love
Amy
Post a Comment